Friday 22 March 2013

Dark Ages Welsh


While I had the background for photographing the French already set up, I took the opportunity to finally take some pictures of my Welsh army. This was the first time I had them all lined up together, and the first time most of them were out of the cupboard since finishing them back in December. I really should get some games with them!

The thinking behind this force was to make a three-in-one army that could be used for Saga, Dux Britanniarum and Dux Bellorum – more about that in an earlier post.

The center is made up of the lord's hard-fighting Teulus. As always, the champion is in the front taunting the enemy in the traditional way ...


On the left we have the Combrogi, ready to rain a deadly hail of javelins at the enemy.


And a unit of bow armed skirmishers to harass the enemy even more.


The less experienced Pagenes are placed in the back, were they can hurl javelins at the enemy without getting in the way of the real fighters.


More Pagenes. It seems I've forgotten to make enough square movement trays so the Pagenes was mounted on my new skirmishing trays for this photo op.


Some mounted Combrogi make up the right flank, along with mounted skirmishers.


All miniatures are from Gripping Beast, except the Pagenes who are from West Wind.

Finally, let me say a big welcome to the new followers Alfons Cànovas, Andrew Saunders and BrummyLad. I hope you'll find something of interest here, please drop a comment if you have any questions about any of my projects.

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!!

    Greate pictures of stunning minis, very good paint job and presentation of your Welsh warband.

    Now we have to run some Dux games with these...after all other games we have pland.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures and figures!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Dalauppror – yeah, that's the problem: too many periods/games and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all looks VERY good! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anatoli, that's very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, warband and presentation! As luck would have it, I've just started on a Welsh warband for Saga so I'll be looking to your bunch for inspiration.

    I really like your blog so I'm following! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Monty! I'm glad they could be an inspiration for your own warband. I'll follow your project with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seek and ye shall find. I was in need of inspiration for my Welsh Warband.... they look great - very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always happy when my projects inspire others.

      Nice blog you've got by the way!

      Delete